Toujin Forums || Experience Japanese Culture!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toujin Forums || Experience Japanese Culture!

The forum for Toujin, the Japanese Culture Appreciation Club of Ateneo de Manila University

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Toys and Collectibles thread

Go down 
+2
lelouch vi britannia
kuchikirukia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kuchikirukia

kuchikirukia

The Toys and Collectibles thread Empty
PostSubject: The Toys and Collectibles thread   The Toys and Collectibles thread EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 1:54 pm

Collecting anything? Post em here!

I've just recently started collecting Figma models (Actually, I only have one as of the moment... Kagamine Rin from Vocaloid which I bought from the Otaku Taiiki convention - P200 off discount xD)

Other PVC figurines I have are Haruhi Suzumiya, Yuki Nagato (3 of em, actually >.< different outfits though) Kyon, Mikuru, some charas from evangelion, Ichigo kurosaki, and others.

Other non-figma models I have are Yuffie Kisaragi from FF7 advent children and Edward Elric from FMA.
Hmm... I also collect Zoids xD

I posted some pics on my FS acct. although it's incomplete. Didnt have the time to take a pic of all of em. xD If u wanna see here's the link: Collections album

I'll post pics of my latest additions when I remember to. =P
Back to top Go down
lelouch vi britannia

lelouch vi britannia

PostSubject: Re: The Toys and Collectibles thread   The Toys and Collectibles thread EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 10:26 pm

@kuchikirukia OMG! You're also a fellow figure collector. Lol. That was unexpected.

I collect mostly scaled figures from anime series and even though its an expensive hobby, I'm very addicted to it XD Here's my current collection Smile

The Toys and Collectibles thread IIMG_0445

They're still boxed since I currently have no display cab/shelves Sad

Thanks for looking Very Happy Will update once I get more.
Back to top Go down
http://ccwantsmorepizza.blogspot.com/
Kmuf

Kmuf

PostSubject: Re: The Toys and Collectibles thread   The Toys and Collectibles thread EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 11:00 pm

All I have is a Ginshari-san.

I call him Kanin. :E
Back to top Go down
http://kmuf.deviantart.com/
kuchikirukia

kuchikirukia

PostSubject: Re: The Toys and Collectibles thread   The Toys and Collectibles thread EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 11:47 am

@lelouch

Bow down ako sa collection mo... hahahaha XD

Are the ones in the boxes still unopened? Around how much did u spend for those? XD

When I return to Gensan I'll bring back my collection with me so I can take a better pic of them. XD I already miss them... ><
Back to top Go down
lelouch vi britannia

lelouch vi britannia

PostSubject: Re: The Toys and Collectibles thread   The Toys and Collectibles thread EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 12:20 pm

@kuchikirukia hehe. thanks. the ones in boxes were opened only once for picture taking, then put back in the boxes til I can get a cabinet for them Smile i think i spent north of 30k for them already Crying or Very sad looking forward to more pics of your collection Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SaiKyou [サイキョウ]

SaiKyou [サイキョウ]

PostSubject: Re: The Toys and Collectibles thread   The Toys and Collectibles thread EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 7:51 pm

@kuchikirukia: awesome collection! XD
@lelouch: I love your C.C.s! Where'd you get them? Very Happy

Anyway, here's my stuff. Smile

~Models/Figures~
Leftside: Evangelion (Ayanami Rei x5 and Soryu Asuka)
Rightside: 1. Code Geass (Lelouch Lamperouge/vi Britannia x2, C.C., Kouzuki Kallen and Kururugi Suzaku) 2. Xenosaga (KOS-MOS) 3. Souko no Strain (Sarah Werec) 4. Ichigo 100% (Nishino Tsukasa)
The Toys and Collectibles thread DSC02911

~Gundams~
Leftside: Wing Gundam Zero Custom (Transparent), Gundam L.O. Booster, 00 Gundam, Chang Wufei
Middle: Wing Gundam Zero Custom x2 (1/144 and 1/100 Scales)
Rightside: Freedom Gundam, Gundam Nataku, Aile Strike Gundam, Heero Yuy
The Toys and Collectibles thread DSC02916

For better pics just check out my photobucket https://s680.photobucket.com/albums/vv165/superstarlightkick/

Last edited by SaiKyou [サイキョウ] on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
lelouch vi britannia

lelouch vi britannia

PostSubject: Re: The Toys and Collectibles thread   The Toys and Collectibles thread EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 8:01 pm

@SaiKyou thanks Very Happy I got the two Banpresto prize figs locally. The Alpha x Omega C.C. from HLJ through a friend and the Ichiban Kuji one from abroad through a middleman service Smile I also have other C.C.s here that I haven't posted yet. Btw, I love your Geass trading figure collection. Been looking for that set locally, but they're all sold out already Crying or Very sad

We toy collectors should really meet up some time. lol XD
Back to top Go down
kuchikirukia

kuchikirukia

PostSubject: Re: The Toys and Collectibles thread   The Toys and Collectibles thread EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 10:12 am

Wow, love your collections guys, keep those pics coming! Wink

Where do you usually buy your stuff? The only place I know that sells good toys is greenbelt (aka collector's haven xD)

Anyway, here's my latest addition which I bought from Otaku Taiiki last month:
(Sorry, crappy cam = crappy pic. Don't mind Ed, he's not a new addition. I just put him there so Rin wouldn't feel lonely.)
Kagamine Rin (FIGMA)
Back to top Go down
lelouch vi britannia

lelouch vi britannia

PostSubject: Re: The Toys and Collectibles thread   The Toys and Collectibles thread EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 2:05 pm

@kuchikirukia The real collectors haven for anime figures is Greenhills. Its the one stop destination for authentic goods since most of the major shops that cater to collectors are there...

a) Wasabi Toys - The most highly recommended shop. Their only physical store is in Shoppesville Greenhills and while it is a small store, its because they operate on a pre-order basis. Usually they release pre-order updates for upcoming items which you then pre-order/reserve and then pay a downpayment for it. That way you are assured of the item and they don't incur additional costs by ordering too much. The reason why I recommend them is because they're very organized and the owner, sir Pats, usually gives discounts. They don't have much in terms of trading figures or gashapon, but when it comes to scaled figures, Gundams, Transformers, they're the ones to go to. They also do shipping through Air 21.

b) GreattoysOnline - Like Wasabi Toys, they also operate on pre-order basis but they have a wider range of goods, from gashapon, trading figures to scaled figures to tokusatsu items. They also have more branches compared to Wasabi Toys but the reason I don't usually get items from them is because they're somewhat unorganized and their timetables of arrivals are a bit wacky. However, they also give discounts so I guess that's a plus. They also do shipping through the local post office.

c) Best Toys - They're located in V-Mall Greenhills but I also remember them having a store in Makati. In terms of Gundams, Figmas and Revoltechs, they're the fastest to get them, but of course they price them a bit higher than the previous two. They also have gashapon and trading figures. One thing to take note though is not to buy scaled figures from them. While they do have stocks of genuine scaled figures at times, more often than not, they bring in bootlegs aka fakes.

d) 2Rats - They also have a store in Shoppesville and a lot of other branches elsewhere but they've recently been slow in terms of anime goods and have very limited selections. Bootlegs also appear from time to time.

e) Maxicollector - The store that Alodia promotes. Mostly known for their Western toys, they've recently been into anime figures as well. All their figures are genuine but the prices are enough to make you weep. They do not have trading figures and gashapon and only bring in scaled figures. They have branches in Greenhills, Rockwell and some other areas. Also operates on a pre-order basis.

f) CSCentrl - Recently moved from Greenhills to another location. Unless you're really desperate to find some trading figures or gashapon, do not buy from them. They will charge you twice the price of the other stores. Imagine buying a 100 peso gashapon loose for 200 pesos. Yikes. And the most stupendous example of their prices... They're currently selling a Max Factory Haruhi Suzumiya Gekisou Set for 27000 pesos, whereas you can get the whole bunch for half the price at Wasabi Toys.

g) Bacchikoi Toys - A recent start-up by two current Ateneans. I personally have not tried them but they seem to have lower prices than the other stores. They currently accept pre-orders for upcoming items only though so if you're trying to find previously released goods, you might have to look elsewhere. Nendoroids, Figmas and scaled figures are their main product lines, but they said that they might expand later on to Gundams.

Of course there's the internet for online shopping, but for now these are the stores carrying anime figures locally. Very Happy Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
kuchikirukia

kuchikirukia

PostSubject: Re: The Toys and Collectibles thread   The Toys and Collectibles thread EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 1:59 am

@lelouch

My bad, I meant to say Greenhills, not greenbelt. I always get confused with the two. DX

Ooh nice list, me likey. I personally like Wasabi Toys and Best Toys best. xD I'm not so much into Maxicollector (since most of their stuff are western...stuff. >_>)
Back to top Go down
lelouch vi britannia

lelouch vi britannia

PostSubject: Re: The Toys and Collectibles thread   The Toys and Collectibles thread EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 2:05 am

@kuchikirukia The only time to buy from Maxicollector is when they give a 20% discount on all items. I remember them doing that once. All their anime figures suddenly became affordable. Lol. But for Figma, Wasabi Toys, Best Toys and GreattoysOnline are your best bets Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SaiKyou [サイキョウ]

SaiKyou [サイキョウ]

PostSubject: Re: The Toys and Collectibles thread   The Toys and Collectibles thread EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 12:15 pm

@lelouch: Wow! Nice list of stores! XD I will certainly check them out. Haha. I got most of mine from our trip to Japan so I don't know much stores here. Razz

@kuchikirukia: Nice figma! XD I was actually debating whether I'd get that when we were in japan. Sadly... I didn't, coz I so the fraulein Rei and bought it instead. Razz
Back to top Go down
marauder340

PostSubject: Re: The Toys and Collectibles thread   The Toys and Collectibles thread EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 3:40 am

I collect a fair amount of mecha model kits myself.

Pretty painful business on my part since I only buy Master Grade kits due to their better detail and posing ability. Because of that, I had to end up weeping blood to turn my little collection into what it is now. XD

I only have 3 MG Gundams atm and a non-scale model of the Dygenguard/Daizengar and the Alteisen Reise (if any of you play SRW). I'll post a pic once I remember to do so. XD

My current target is the MG model of the RB-79 Ball (because Balls are made of awesome XD).
Back to top Go down
lelouch vi britannia

lelouch vi britannia

PostSubject: Re: The Toys and Collectibles thread   The Toys and Collectibles thread EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 12:31 pm

@SaiKyou you are one lucky man... I have yet to go to Japan T_T

@marauder wanna see your MG kits Very Happy I used to build gunpla before, but PVC figures became more satisfying for me so I sold all of my gunpla (all MGs too) already...
Back to top Go down
lelouch vi britannia

lelouch vi britannia

PostSubject: Re: The Toys and Collectibles thread   The Toys and Collectibles thread EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:46 am

Just received this today...

The Toys and Collectibles thread IMG_0466

1/8 Alpha x Omega Sheryl Nome from Macross Frontier Smile
Back to top Go down
SaiKyou [サイキョウ]

SaiKyou [サイキョウ]

PostSubject: Re: The Toys and Collectibles thread   The Toys and Collectibles thread EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 9:31 pm

lelouch vi britannia wrote:
Just received this today...

The Toys and Collectibles thread IMG_0466

1/8 Alpha x Omega Sheryl Nome from Macross Frontier Smile

O M G ! ! ! XD AWESOME!! I love it! Where'd you get it and how much did it cost you? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lelouch vi britannia

lelouch vi britannia

PostSubject: Re: The Toys and Collectibles thread   The Toys and Collectibles thread EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 9:34 pm

@SaiKyou I got it from a fellow collector who also happens to import figures. He doesn't have a physical store though so I asked him to send it to me through a courier service. Overall, it cost me 4200 php to get Sheryl Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kagomegirlfan

kagomegirlfan

PostSubject: well i have a question >_<    The Toys and Collectibles thread EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:04 pm

who order some toys from Wasabi Toy Shop here? silent i order an item from them this morning i receive a confirmation e-mail about my P303 down payment after that i deposit P1,710 and i don't receive a confirmation e-mail about that transaction... i wounder if i will receive the item already tomorrow. i have the deposit slip with me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Toys and Collectibles thread   The Toys and Collectibles thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Toys and Collectibles thread
Page 1 of 1