Toujin Forums || Experience Japanese Culture!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toujin Forums || Experience Japanese Culture!

The forum for Toujin, the Japanese Culture Appreciation Club of Ateneo de Manila University

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Suggestions?

Go down 
+3
lelouch vi britannia
thistealistoxic
Ayeth
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ayeth

Ayeth

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 11:39 pm

Hello! cheers Can anyone suggest a very good Japanese film? I'm planning to watch chocolate when it comes out--the trailer was AWESOME! bounce
Back to top Go down
thistealistoxic

thistealistoxic

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Films   Suggestions? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 3:00 am

Hmm. I've only seen a few Japanese films, most of them specials from a drama.

But i really like Letters from Iwo Jima. It's about the world war, between Japanese and Americans. It's the spin off from the American Movie, Band of Brothers. It's the telling of the tale from the point of view of the Japanese. :] I'm really a war/history buff so i really liked this one, plus the acting is A++ . :]

If you're into friendship+ a bit of supernatural, KIDS is a good watch. It might be a little too over dramatic but it's the kind of purgation we need once in a while. It's mainly about friendship of two men and challenges they had to face with society's stereotypes, etc, etc.

I'm sorry, i really didn't know what kind of movies you were looking for, but if you give me a specific genre then maybe i might be a bit more helpful. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://thistealistoxic.livejournal.com
lelouch vi britannia

lelouch vi britannia

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 9:10 am

I suggest watching the Detroit Metal City live action film. It's a very funny and interesting watch of a guy who has to balance two very different lives. Kenichi Matsuyama does a good job of acting as well Very Happy Definitely recommended.

KRAUSER-SAMA!!!
Back to top Go down
http://ccwantsmorepizza.blogspot.com/
Ayeth

Ayeth

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 9:29 am

Woohoo! bounce Thanks! I'll watch all of that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thistealistoxic

thistealistoxic

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:36 am

lelouch vi britannia wrote:
I suggest watching the Detroit Metal City live action film. It's a very funny and interesting watch of a guy who has to balance two very different lives. Kenichi Matsuyama does a good job of acting as well Very Happy Definitely recommended.

KRAUSER-SAMA!!!

ohmygod! HOW can i forget DMC! hahahahaha Ozom shiz man, so funny!

And uh, if you're into gore and particularly into... killing, then Battle Royale might be lovely for you !
Back to top Go down
lelouch vi britannia

lelouch vi britannia

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:40 am

Have to give props to Battle Royale as well. Bloody symphony of GAR-ness. Sequel wasn't as good (not even close) as the first one though and Tatsuya Fujiwara's cringing emo face may turn you off. Still a recommended watch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thistealistoxic

thistealistoxic

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:45 am

lelouch vi britannia wrote:
Have to give props to Battle Royale as well. Bloody symphony of GAR-ness. Sequel wasn't as good (not even close) as the first one though and Tatsuya Fujiwara's cringing emo face may turn you off. Still a recommended watch Very Happy

Ohohohoh i loveeee the first one ! The second one too is kind of iffy. And the drama scenes were way too prolonged. :[ Ahaha, so emo, Tatsuya Fujiwara!

Branching from Tatsuya Fujiwara and above-mentioned Matsuyama Kenichi, people might be interested in Death note the movie! There are two ir three i think. Death Note 1, then The Last Word. :] Last Word is L-centric and A+ for L fans. :] It happened before the Death Note series/Light-Raito phase. It's a bit bloody too , so watch out. :]
Back to top Go down
lelouch vi britannia

lelouch vi britannia

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:48 am

There were three Death Note-themed live action films:

a) Death Note
b) Death Note: The Last Name (sequel)
c) L: Change the World (happens in the 20-something days before L dies canon to the events in the live action films)

With that being said, the manga/anime adaptation was still superior for me, though the live action films are good watches as well. Particularly enjoyed the L movie. Lol. L actually doing action scenes Laughing
Back to top Go down
kuchikirukia

kuchikirukia

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 3:41 pm

If you want drama, try Taiyou no Uta.

And it's YUI who's playing the main role! Razz

Jisatsu Circle is also nice, however it might be a little disturbing. o_o

Lots of orange blood... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
shiharu1217

shiharu1217

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:12 pm

kuchikirukia wrote:

WHA?!~ Orange BLOOD?!~

Well... The fact that YUI's playing the lead role makes me curious... Is she a good actress??? Question
Back to top Go down
lelouch vi britannia

lelouch vi britannia

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 8:02 pm

YUI was fine in her role in Taiyou no Uta, but then again, her character was also a musician there so it might have helped settle her into playing the part. Ending made me cry manly tears though... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shiharu1217

shiharu1217

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 8:11 pm

Taiyo no Uta (so the title tells a lot about the story... sugoi!)... Got it... ^_^
Back to top Go down
Ayeth

Ayeth

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:27 pm

kuchikirukia wrote:

I've watched all the deathnote films/anime as well as the Taiyou no Uta film. I must say however that I most especially loved Erika Sawajiri as Kaoru Amane in the TV series because she really plays a very convincing role of dying high school students. lol! ...plus I kind of like her voice better than YUI's *weird*.
Back to top Go down
kuchikirukia

kuchikirukia

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:35 am

@shiharu

Yep, ORANGE blood! o_o
hahaha too bad the blood looked like ketchup, but it's still an awesome movie! The english title is Suicide Club (or was it Circle? -.-)

Until now I dunno if I'm supposed to be amused or disturbed by it, though. XD

And in my opinion, i think YUI did a pretty good job for a first-timer. (She looks so cute when she pouts! XD)

@lelouch

Strangely, the ending did not make me cry. o_o I only started crying when they started playing her song on the radio. >.<

@Ayeth

I personally did not like the Death Note Live Action much (bcoz Raito's actor is not bishie! Evil or Very Mad ) but I still think it's a great movie nonetheless (even though Raito's actor is NOT BISHIE!! Evil or Very Mad )

I haven't seen the TV series for Taiyou no Uta yet. Is it better than the movie? I'll try watching it sometime. (But it's gonna take some getting used to to see someone else play Kaoru's role instead of YUI. XD)
Back to top Go down
Ayeth

Ayeth

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 8:49 pm

kuchikirukia wrote:
@shiharu

Yep, ORANGE blood! o_o
hahaha too bad the blood looked like ketchup, but it's still an awesome movie! The english title is Suicide Club (or was it Circle? -.-)

Until now I dunno if I'm supposed to be amused or disturbed by it, though. XD

And in my opinion, i think YUI did a pretty good job for a first-timer. (She looks so cute when she pouts! XD)

@lelouch

Strangely, the ending did not make me cry. o_o I only started crying when they started playing her song on the radio. >.<

@Ayeth

I personally did not like the Death Note Live Action much (bcoz Raito's actor is not bishie! Evil or Very Mad ) but I still think it's a great movie nonetheless (even though Raito's actor is NOT BISHIE!! Evil or Very Mad )

I haven't seen the TV series for Taiyou no Uta yet. Is it better than the movie? I'll try watching it sometime. (But it's gonna take some getting used to to see someone else play Kaoru's role instead of YUI. XD)

Err, my opinion? The TV series is better than the movie. I also find the soundtrack of the TV series to be better than that of the movie (and I'm a YUI fan).
Back to top Go down
jinne11

jinne11

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 9:14 pm

If you want a tear-jerker then I HIGHLY recommend KOIZORA! The movie please, I dunno if the TV series is worth watching (since the ratings were kinda low). But the movie was definitely a hit. Miura Haruma and Aragaki Yui for the shizzz! bounce

However, if you've already seen 1 Litre no Namida and Taiyou no Uta, the plot might seem too "gasgas." But hey...it won't stop you from crying and loving the movie (like I did). Trust me, swear. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://thedayilovedpi.blogspot.com
kuchikirukia

kuchikirukia

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 10:09 pm

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Live Action. Laughing

I still haven't watched it myself. I only saw the trailer. Looks promising, though. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
reka-chan

reka-chan

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 12:02 am

er, this has nothing to do with the movies mentioned in the earlier posts pero..... question lng, does anyone have a copy of the movie sakuran? (based from a manga rin) i've been trying to get my hands on it pero, wala tlga mahanap.
Back to top Go down
kuchikirukia

kuchikirukia

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 10:16 am

reka-chan wrote:
er, this has nothing to do with the movies mentioned in the earlier posts pero..... question lng, does anyone have a copy of the movie sakuran? (based from a manga rin) i've been trying to get my hands on it pero, wala tlga mahanap.

Have you tried looking CSCentral? They're pretty much complete and up-to-date. I know their main branch is located at Glorietta, last time I checked. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toujin Forums || Experience Japanese Culture! :: Interests :: Films-
Jump to: