Toujin Forums || Experience Japanese Culture!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toujin Forums || Experience Japanese Culture!

The forum for Toujin, the Japanese Culture Appreciation Club of Ateneo de Manila University

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ALTEIL = best card game in Japan (so they say)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gabo_boytabloid

gabo_boytabloid

ALTEIL = best card game in Japan (so they say) Empty
PostSubject: ALTEIL = best card game in Japan (so they say)   ALTEIL = best card game in Japan (so they say) EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 11:40 pm

again, as i said in the intros topic, i know that this might not be the best section to place this topic, BUT THERE IS NO PLACE FOR GAME TOPICS and i'm more of a gamer than an Anime guy myself and since Japanese games rock, i guess its unfair. >__<

here we go...

click the picture to go to the main site (the american, english version, i won't even bother with the original Japanese version)
ALTEIL
ALTEIL = best card game in Japan (so they say) Alteil10
click me. ü

Background story: (skim it, skip it, you decide, more concise description to follow)

Lavato is a world dominated by four Spheres of Influence, each one tied to a God or Goddess of Old: Refess, Lawtia, Gowen and Falkow. These Spheres represent the power left ingrained in the world of Lavato itself by the four sleeping gods. Within each Sphere are countless factions and kingdoms, such as the mercenary nation of Heierrat or the mermaid kingdom. As both individuals and factions fight for supremacy in their own kingdoms, they employ magic, warfare, monsters, assassins and strange alliances with heroes from other provinces. Looming above this sea of intrigue is the shadow of Batora, the ultimate evil, and his promise of return to ravage all of Lavato.

At the dawn of time, there came four mighty gods to the world of Lavato. These Gods of Old are named Refess, Lawtia, Gowen and Falkow. They battled each other with all their power for eon after eon. However, none of them could gain the upper hand for long. In this way, balance was maintained in the world. But one day, this balance was disrupted by an evil of nearly unlimited strength. Batora tore through the walls of time and space, arriving in Lavato with a fury. The gods combined their powers to oppose Batora, but it was not enough. However, much had changed on Lavato since the gods first began their battle. The time of mankind had begun, and after ages of basking in the glow of four gods, the lands were now filled with oath bound knights, domineering warlords, eldritch wizards, terrifying assassins, and all manner of lycanthropes, dragons, fairies and undead. These heroes lent their power to the four gods, helping them defeat the great evil of Batora. In commemoration, the gods created special magic artifacts in the form of cards that allowed them to summon the heroes' power from wherever they were on Lavato. In this way, they could always be prepared to fight when the forces of Batora attacked. But Batora would not be beaten easily. He redoubled his efforts and the whole world shook in the wake of his singular might. The gods and heroes did not relent, and they finally managed to bring down Batora. However, after the battle the gods were drained of power. They knew if another threat came to their world, it would be defenseless. The Gods of Old traveled out into the universe, looking for the saviors of Lavato. They eventually came to Earth, and found a planet filled with the universe's greatest strategists. The gods named their saviors the Iczers, bestowing upon them the remainder of their power and entrusting them with the enchanted cards. Now the Iczers hold the magic of Lavato in their hands. They duel to gain power, fame, and to prepare for the day when evil returns to Lavato. The question is: are you an Iczer?

Short version:
You become an Iczer, a card player or duelist. similar to Magic: The Gathering and Yu-Gi-Oh you will play cards.
You have your own deck that is free for you to edit as you see fit.
like any other game, you start with very limited options and you grow and expand as you play on.
to begin your journey, you have to choose a STARTER FILE of one of the four gods (colors), each with a unique style of play.

Refess (white/yellow)ALTEIL = best card game in Japan (so they say) Symbol10
basically the tanks and supporters
Lawtia (black/purple)ALTEIL = best card game in Japan (so they say) Symbol11
basically the painful black magic and other skills
Gowen (red)ALTEIL = best card game in Japan (so they say) Symbol12
basically fast heavy hitters
Falkow (blue)ALTEIL = best card game in Japan (so they say) Symbol13
control

for a brief description of the above colors and the contents of the FREE STARTER click the icons.

the game is FREE and ONLY USES A BROWSER (no download whatsoever) and is known as the best card game in Japan. (unfortunately, it is unplayable in ADMU due to wifi proxy issues)

You might start off slow, but we all start that way. you can pay using paypal but i seriously suggest against it, i personally am a free only player and i'm still doing ok.

there are multiple ways to earn in-game cash (buyable with real cash) built in the game already and you just have to work for it (and luck, luck always helps)

most of all... ITS FUN!

========================================
if you visit the site:
http://www.alteil.com/index.php
you will find the big red GAME DEMO button which would let you TEST OUT the game before even registering!
there is also a FLASH TUTORIAL that would help you with the basics (and some not so basics) of the game itself, but you have to be registered and logged in to access it, its really easy to pick up yet very complex gameplay especially at later levels in the game.
========================================

official site: www.alteil.com
official forums: http://www.alteil.com/forum/
game client: just click the LOG IN link at the top part of the main site. also includes the tutorial.
ALTEIL = best card game in Japan (so they say) Login10
SEE YOU THERE! ü

ALTEIL = best card game in Japan (so they say) Gaboth10

reason:
here i say why i wanted to post this.
I'M GETTING LONELY. the only Filipinos there are me (Gabo) my friend Jon who soon quit and one other unknown Pinoy guy that kept bullying me... so if there are more pinoys there, then it might be funner, we can even make our own guild. hehe. ü
I ALSO WANT TO SHARE THE FUN WITH EVERYONE! ü

for any questions, comments and/or reactions just reply them to this post. i'll be checking in time and again to answers questions (i'm a lowbie still but i'm pretty knowledgable) or to help (especially with links and guides).

that is all. play on! ü Very Happy Very Happy

off topic:
ALTEIL = best card game in Japan (so they say) Boy-ta10
for a good time, please visit our blog. click the pic. ü
its a requirement for CS 30, we need clicks. our site is worth it! promise! contains tons of good content and special ones made by us in and around ADMU ü
Back to top Go down
http://boytabloid.wordpress.com/
kuchikirukia

kuchikirukia

PostSubject: Re: ALTEIL = best card game in Japan (so they say)   ALTEIL = best card game in Japan (so they say) EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:48 am

o_o I've been looking for good card games lately since I'm starting to miss my Magic and Pokemon/Digimon card battling days. Thanks for showing me something wonderful. XD

I'll definitely give this one a shot. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
gabo_boytabloid

gabo_boytabloid

PostSubject: Re: ALTEIL = best card game in Japan (so they say)   ALTEIL = best card game in Japan (so they say) EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 4:24 pm

OMG!

the forums was remade.

good job guys!

i see my plea didn't go unheard.

@kuchikirukia
i'm only a lvl 24 buy i can help you with getting used to the game. although i know well enough that all newbies and non-paying players get creamed in folrart room and i can't help much with that. but strategy-wise i'm here to serve. hehe.

i'm Falkow.
ign: gabotheplaya
Back to top Go down
http://boytabloid.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ALTEIL = best card game in Japan (so they say)   ALTEIL = best card game in Japan (so they say) Empty

Back to top Go down

ALTEIL = best card game in Japan (so they say)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toujin Forums || Experience Japanese Culture! :: Interests :: Games-
Jump to: